Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance
Highlights & Drawbacks
- Benefits can be used for:
- Certificate or diploma from a business, technical or vocational school
- High School Diploma or GED
- Independent-study or distance-learning programs
- Apprenticeships or on-the-job training
- Vocational flight training
- Fees for license or certification tests needed to acquire, keep or advance in a job
- Correspondence courses (spouses only)
Remedial, refresher and deficiency training under certain circumstances.
Up to 45 months of benefits are available.
Maximum monthly benefit is $881.
Benefits are paid in arrears.
Benefits cannot be used for living expenses if you train less than 1/2 time.
If you are eligible, AllMilitary.com can help you find schools where you can use DEA benefits.