9. Robert Morris University
Location: Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Contacts: Phone: 412-397-3933
Robert Morris University is a small university with small class sizes. Degree programs at Robert Morris University are career focused, which assists military members in working directly toward career advancement. Robert Morris University follows in the footsteps of Robert Morris who funded troops in the American Revolution by making up the difference between their tuition and the new GI Bill for qualifying veterans. "Southern Illinois University Carbondale has a long and proud history of serving veterans. It is a commitment that has been in place for many years and a commitment that continues today" said Rod Sievers, the assistant to the chancellor for media relations at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Robert Morris University Military Pride Points:
- At Robert Morris University service members will be able to receive undergraduate education tuition free. For qualifying veterans, the university will pay the difference between the new GI Bill allotment and its tuition.
- Classes are available on campus and online to meet the changing needs of military students.
- Working towards the creation of a comprehensive Veteran's Service Center.
- Military service members are provided with specialized services such as counseling, physical therapy, tutorial assistance, and medical and dental.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale accommodates disabled soldiers with accessible housing, counseling services, academic support services, adapted computer technology, medical care, an on-campus VA-Office, and a veterans transition program.