|Description : |
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented Legal Assistant for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Under the direction of an attorney, provides assistance with legal work which is reviewed and approved by the supervising attorney.
- Reviews and prepares legal documents. Performs routine legal research and compiles data from various sources.
- The legal work performed differs by practice area and area of specialty such as insurance, banking, investments, financial services, litigation, general corporate, e-commerce/marketing, government relations or labor/employee relations.
- Assists with the investigative process by gathering documents and information for legal assignments.
- Conducts research and analyzes documents to prepare reports of findings and formulates alternatives.
- Evaluates the risk of each alternative, calculates costs of potential liability and assesses benefits/drawbacks.
- Prepares drafts of legal documents such as discovery responses, affidavits, motions, corporate minutes, contracts and other legal documents.
- Ensures proper filing of documents with regulatory authorities, courts and other tribunals, monitors status, and distributes copies.
- Prepares presentations and briefing material on topics relevant to USAA business.
- Assembles documents and prepares charts, graphs, and other visual aids to be used as exhibits.
- Oversees management and maintenance of attorneys' files per the attorney's specifications; assists with administrative tasks to include, but not limited to, calendar responsibilities to ensure all deadlines are met; check writing, check requesting, copying, and handling mail as necessary to ensure continuous business operations.
- Acts as a liaison between attorney and outside counsel in the exchange of information. Communicates with USAA members as needed.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-1050
|Qualifications : |
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years as a paralegal or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- This person will work in conjunction with attorneys in our Financial Advice and Solutions Group, making it particularly advantageous for an ideal candidate to possess:
- Prior experience performing legal research and analysis with securities, estates and trusts and family law
- Prior corporate legal experience
- Highly structured work approach, quick comprehension and ability to understand a complex range of topics and interdependencies
- Ability to deliver highest quality work under time constraints
- Sustained high performer with proven business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with very strong writing, proofing and editorial skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment
- Ability to effectively partner with management, team members and clients and to work well with all level of employees is critical, necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
- Bachelor's degree