|Description : |
Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Facilities Engineer for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for two of the following disciplines/systems: structural, mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
- Knowledgeable in design & operation of building systems, specification writing, and project management.
- Technical knowledge with facility related initiatives for Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, or Structural issues. - Work with Project and facility Managers of various disciplines to provide technical expertise.
- Provides technical expertise on moderately complex facility engineering issues in at least two engineering/building systems disciplines.
- Provides recommendations on the development and management of programs and projects for water conservation and acts as a contact for regulatory agencies regarding water use, water rights, and reporting.
- Works with facility professionals and applies technical knowledge across multiple building systems to ensure projects meet stated desired outcomes.
- Occasionally leads factfinding and analysis of complex building operational engineering initiatives; presents findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs facility condition assessments and makes recommendations for annual work planning.
- Evaluates two of the following systems: mechanical, electrical, structural, or plumbing systems and designs to ensure projects and programs meet desired outcomes.
- Ensures execution according to established standards.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-2350
|Qualifications : |
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering, BA Degree, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years experience in a Facility Engineering or Project Management role or equivalent education.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and walk a construction site.
- 10+ years experience in a Facility Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering degree
- UPS and or generator certifications,
- Data Center Critical Systems experience.