|Description : |
DSS, Inc . is a National Company seeking a diverse Mid-Senior level professional for the position of Application Developer . We are a dynamic group of individuals looking to make great strides together. DSS, Inc. offers an competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package.
The Application Developer promotes DSS, Inc.'s mission by providing the highest quality software within a structured maturity model environment.
The successful candidate will:
- effectively use client/server "GUI" technology to write new modules to existing products and to write new products
- design user interfaces
- contribute to project plans
- perform product maintenance
- produce product enhancements
- provide quick and effective solutions to problems which cannot be resolved by the product line team
- be a key member involved in all aspects of the application including analysis, requirement documentation, design, development and test site deployment.
- be willing to accept coaching in order to remove barriers and have effective working relationships.
- be willing to travel (25% + or -)
- be responsible for written and verbal communication with other team members, documentation of version notes, technical manuals, work activities and other work processes.
The IDEAL candidate will have a professional background in a software development company that specializes developing, enhancing and maintaining Veteran Affairs VistA medical/health software or government software.
RESPONSIBILITIES/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individual must perform most of the functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Specifically solid experience in/with .NET 3.5/4.0 with Windows Communications Framework (WCF) experience and SOAP/WSDL experience
- Familiar with or has used normalized design patterns, use-cases, UML, etc.
- Prefer network / web service design experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Developing, building, debugging, coding and testing.
- Work on development of new features within existing products.
- Work on development of new products.
- Contributing to project plans.
- Adhering strictly to documentation requirements.
- Provides feedback to the development team on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with minimal direct management
- Possess excellent listening skills and a commitment to communicating (verbally and in writing) in a clear, concise and timely manner at all times
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years solid experience .Net 3.5/4.0 (WCF), SOAP/WSDL
- 5+ year experience JAVA, C++
- 4+ years UML Design experience
- Prior Veteran Affair environment helpful
- One or more of the following certifications:
- MCPD, MCSD, MCTS
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years experience of equivalent combinations of work experience and\or education will be considered in lieu of
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to Work in US.
- Subject to Background Check and Clearance.
- Professional office.
- Business casual attire.
Please visit our website at www.dssinc.comto learn more about DSS, Inc.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-3850