|Description : |
This IS NOT an Information Technology (IT) related position; referenced data IS NOT digital data in an IT sense but more appropriately described as maintenance information. Therefore, an IT background such as being a network manager or a Microsoft Certified Technician are not necessarily desired background skills. What is viewed as not only desirable, but virtually mandatory, is qualification within an Army 15 series MOS.
Monitors, collects, and reports Army Aviation operations, maintenance, and supply data. Duty requires aviation data collection at one or more sites, verifying data for accuracy, entering data on forms and in the SDC computer, performing quality control of collected data, forwarding reviewed data to the Supervisory Data Monitor (SDM) in a timely manner, writing reports, and briefing unit personnel in Sample Data Collection (SDC) operations and procedures. Assignment is based at Fort Stewart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors maintenance being performed on Army Aviation systems at one or more sites.
- Collects raw data from Unit Level Logistics System - Aviation (Enhanced) (ULLS-A (E)) or other sources.
- Digitally and manually enters raw data into on‑site SDC computer, verifies operational, maintenance, and supply data with owning unit, and corrects inaccuracies or errors.
- Performs quality control of collected data and forwards reviewed data to the SDM in a timely manner.
- Accurately and punctually completes all required forms and reports.
- Briefs / trains participating unit personnel in SDC procedures and unit responsibilities.
- Maintains program liaison with local customer management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, climbing steps, traveling, occasionally lifting of file drawers and other items up to 75 lbs., moving of equipment and furniture, entering and exiting Army equipment, and periods of field duty in all environments including extreme climate conditions. The operation of motor vehicles is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Capable of working on airfields, in aircraft hangars, around aircraft maintenance operations, and in field locations during Field Exercise Data Collection. These environments may expose the employee to extreme discomforts such as heat, smoke, cold, noise, fumes, and weapons firings.
If interested please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-2250
|Qualifications : |
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent five to six years of related experience. Associates degree preferred. Status of completion of degree or relevant work experience may be substituted for Associate Degree. Must have knowledge of the Army maintenance and logistics program, knowledge of Army chain of command, operating procedures, Army Regulations and Standard Procedures, knowledge of Army Maintenance Regulations and Procedures, computer knowledge or experience.
- Five (5) years rotary wing aviation maintenance experience.
- Former Army Aviation Non-Commissioned Officer or Chief Warrant Officer with AH-64,
- UH/MH-60, OH-58D, and/or CH/MH-47 experience.
- Five (5) years experience with ULLS-A and/or ULLS-A (E).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook, and database entry.
- Capable of minor troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware / software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.