|Description : |
Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking a talented Wealth Management Director for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Manages and leads a team of Building Wealth professionals in a defined market who are responsible for providing financial solutions to USAA's high net worth members. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Executes process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating operational programs to maximize effectiveness. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations. Position requires frequent travel.
- Selects, develops, and supports employees in fulfillment of our Corporate Mission. Provides coaching and feedback that leads to sound business results. Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression. Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the Operating State.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness. Implements and monitors processes and performance standards. Provides feedback for improvements to process and product owners. Removes obstacles and champions change.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Develops and executes strategies for assigned market to increase sales and expands business development opportunities. Accountable for the achievement of financial and market goals for area of responsibility. Builds and maintains relationships in local communities and works with marketing to establish USAA Wealth Management brand and awareness.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of a securities principal and branch office manager.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years financial services industry experience, inclusive of at least three years experience providing financial advice for each of the following topics: financial, insurance, retirement and estate planning, investments, income taxation, and the legal, regulatory, ethical and risk management aspects of these financial activities.
- 3+ years experience managing or leading teams in financial services industry.
- Experience delivering frequent written and oral communication.
- Experience processing, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Experience leading change management efforts.
- Experience resolving conflict and negotiating.
- Experience optimizing processes and productivity.
- Maintenance of FINRA Series 7.
- Maintenance of FINRA Series 66 (or FINRA Series 63 and 65).
- Maintenance of Life/Health license.
- Acquisition (within 90 days of job entry) and maintenance of FINRA Series 24 (or 8 or 9/10) license.
- Acquisition of Certified Financial Planner designation within 24 months from job entry.
- Certified Financial Planner designation (Acquisition of this designation within 24 months from job entry).
- Chartered Financial Consultant designation.
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor designation.
- Certified Wealth Strategist.
- Acquisition (within 90 days of job entry) of FINRA Series 24 (or 8 or 9/10).
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-8450