|Description : |
Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Mortgage Closers - Seasonal for our Phoenix, AZ facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Services members by preparing and approving the final figures and documents needed for closing mortgage loans. Communicates with appropriate parties to ensure all loans close in accordance with bank, investor, and regulatory guidelines. Closes and funds various Mortgage loan products on a national basis. Answers urgent title company calls on a phone queue.
Closes Conventional refinance and Conventional purchase loans. Is the point of contact for the member and the title company for USAA. Initiates outbound calls to title companies to obtain title commitment, fees, and set the expectations for loan closings. Answer calls from a phone queue to serve members at the mortgage closing table.
Works under direct supervision. Uses established procedures to carry out routine work duties. Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
Reviews and approves the title commitment. Ensures title work is clear of liens, judgments and encroachments.
Reviews and approves the HUD-1 Settlement Statement. Ensures fees, names, amounts, account conditions, seller concessions, taxes, payoffs, etc., are accurate. Focuses on RESPA compliance and rediscloses Truth in Lending as necessary.
Completes system inputs to create mortgage loan documents and initiates necessary wiring of funds and confirms closing conditions were met and funds the loan in the loan origination system.
Ability to work a five day 40 hour work week Monday through Friday from 7:00am-6:00pm (overtime on the weekends as needed).
Ability to attend up to 8 weeks of paid structured classroom training: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of customer service/sales experience or Bachelors Degree or Successful completion of military service or 1 year customer - service/sales experience plus 30 hours of college credit.
- 1+ years experience multi-tasking in a Windows operating system environment.
- 1+ years experience frequently communicating (minimum 60% of the time) with customers by phone, e-mail and/or face to face.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a higher job level.
- Recent mortgage lending experience (originations, underwriting, processing, closing, title work or real estate) OR Bachelors degree.
- 1+ year financial services industry related customer contact experience.
- Knowledge of windows operating environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Call center experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-5950