|Description : |
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #2 by Business Week in Customer Service , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented Real Estate Appraiser for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Assesses risks associated with the real estate appraisal and evaluation for residential lending channels. Protects the financial interests of USAA by adhering to appraisal standards for accuracy and quality and proactively identifies appraisal risk in real estate markets. Maintains knowledge of the real estate industry and follows all local, state and federal laws and regulation pertaining to the real estate industry.
- Supports the Real Estate appraisal process for the bank. Compile records, investigate and analyze appraisal and assessment processes, and make corrections or prepare defense.
- Provides detailed desk reviews and analysis of residential appraisal reports from vendors, according to FNMA,FHLMC, VA and client directives, ensuring that quality and quantity guidelines are met and conclusions reached in the report are accurate and/or appropriate. Ensures quality of work provided by vendor meet specific client guidelines and service level objectives as established.
- Analytical ability to review quantitative and qualitative data and render professional judgments based on USPAP and client guidelines.
- Works closely with management and ensures the appropriate coordination and implementation of campaigns, projects, programs, and various other initiatives.
- Assists with escalated member and appraisal dispute issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (6 years).
- 4+ years of field appraisal experience specifically appraising 1-4 family complexes and high value residential real estate.
- 2+ years appraisal review experience in the real estate industry.
- Certified residential appraisal license required.
- Knowledge of USPAP, FNMA, FHLMC ad VA appraisal guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems and database management.
- National residential appraisal review experience.
- 5+ years recent real estate appraisal experience in the banking industry.
- 4+ years recent appraisal review experience in the real estate industry.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … 5-2171-350