|Description : |
The Yard Hostler must have a valid Class A CDL License and clean driving record. The Yard Hostler will be responsible for moving tractors and trailers around the lot, into and away from dock doors. The Yard Hostler may also run shuttles or take a delivery route as needed.
- Spot trailers in assigned doors. Record temperatures for HACCP program.
- Check all equipment to ensure all is in safe operational status.
- Help coordinate daily repair to meet dispatch/loading times.
- Stage hooked tractor and trailer in proper door.
- Wash out inside of unsanitary trailers using pressure washer and/or broom.
- Help coordinate the repair of tractors and trailers as needed.
- Check and fill fluid levels on tractors/trailers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Frequent standing/walking, up to 4 miles daily.
- Occasionally sitting throughout work shift, up to 2 hours at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Occasionallly carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Able to read/write and record data in English.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings while driving.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or distribution center 40% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors 60% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-7250
|Qualifications : |
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Clean driving record with a Class A CDL license, Double & Triple endorsement preferred - must be willing to obtain
- Two years verifiable driving experience required
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day
- Experience in the operation of Material Handling Equipment preferred
- Excellent driving skills, backing skills, and knowledge of traffic laws
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation
- Must be flexible with the work schedule, weekend work will be required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to apply basic math skills
- Ability to make decisions and function with minimal supervision to resolve possible adverse situations
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one & small group situations and other drivers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions
- Must be hard working and self- motivated
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings
- Must reside in the immediate Boise area