|Description : |
Performs all payroll accounting functions including, but not limited to, month-end close, payroll liability account reconciliations, balancing payroll to labor, that are critical to the overall accuracy of financial reporting. Prepares and reconciles payroll wage and tax reporting. Ensures compliance with statutory regulations and internal and external audits. Responsible for somewhat complex transactions that require additional knowledge and problem solving skills. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
- Prepares month-end payroll reconciliation for Accounting.
- Balances bi-weekly payroll to labor ensuring accurate financial reporting. Researches and determines corrective action either through financial or payroll adjustments.
- Provides guidance and instruction to payroll staff members on resolving labor and payroll issues.
- Assists in establishing systems and procedures to reduce labor, payroll and tax reporting discrepancies.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations; employee receivables, accruals.
- Reconciles wage and tax reporting for US and Canadian payrolls ensuring compliance.
- Responds to government inquiries and resolves issues in a timely matter.
- Processes payroll tax deposits for Federal, State and Local agencies.
- Prepares quarterly Federal, State and Local withholding and unemployment returns. File amendments where necessary.
- Register and establish new tax accounts with government agencies due to growth and acquisitions.
- Coordinate year-end processing. Generate annual W-2s. Prepare year-end reconciliations. File year-end returns. Process amended W-2s where necessary.
- Performs advanced accounting and payroll transactions i.e. journal entries, wage and tax adjustments, employee company transfers foreign tax imputes, relocation
- Create ad-hoc reports.
- Maintains employee payroll database. Ensure data integrity for all payroll related information. Audits payroll data entry completed by payroll staff members.
- Performs operational tasks as outlined in the Payroll Transmittal. Ensures the accuracy of each task through the calculation stage of the payroll process.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-1250
|Qualifications : |
- Associate's degree, or equivalent, in Accounting plus a minimum of four years of general accounting experience preferably in a contracting and/or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in multi-state payroll processing.
- Advance understanding of Federal and State payroll taxation, practices and laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advance knowledge in Excel vLookups, Pivot Tables and Charts.
- General knowledge of report writing tools preferably Cognos.
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel, management and external auditors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects and work within deadlines.