|Description : |
QinetiQ North America's Services & Solutions Group delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software and systems engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
QinetiQ North America is searching for a full time, software technical support specialist to support our customer site at the Cruise Missile Support Activity Pacific at Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
As the software technical support specialist, you will be supporting the Tomahawk Command and Control System (TC2S) products developed by QinetiQ North America.Systems include the Mission Distribution System (MDS), TC2S Operations and Status Tool (TOST), TC2S Enterprise Databases (TED), Intelligence Situational Awareness Tool (ISAT), and TC2S Communications System (TCOMMS) Communications Interface Processor (TCIP). TC2S is a segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) that provides the capabilities for planning and executing Tomahawk strike operations, managing Tomahawk resources, preparing and controlling Tomahawk training, and creating and managing Tomahawk missions and supporting information.
You will be working directly with the customer onsite. Candidate must be team oriented and able to work in a DoD environment.
The candidate responsibilities include:
- System and database management
- System/software/database archive/disaster recovery management
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system/software issues
- Maintain systems with software and security updates
- Support system upgrades/installations
- Monitor system performance and product assurance
- Investigate and report software discrepancies
- Provide user training on TC2S products
- Participate in system integration planning
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-2350
|Qualifications : |
Requires a Bachelors Degree with zero to two years of related experience or with no degree would require 6-8 years of experience.
- At least 5 years general technical experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Security+ certification is required (DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance compliance) and within 12 months obtain Computing - Environment compliance (MCSA or MCITP).
- Possess a technical background with good troubleshooting skills
- Possess good communication skills
Experience with the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008
- UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- HP-UX, RedHat
- Experience working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Management Studio
- Possess software engineering skills
- Operational knowledge of TC2S
- Prior U.S. Navy experience with Tomahawk Weapon System background
- Security Clearance Requirement
U.S. Citizenship required. Candidates must qualify for a DoD TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.