|Description : |
- Deliver merchandise, off-load items using hand-truck and truck ramp, with accompanying paperwork, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Practice safety every step of the way.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off invoice or delivery manifest or through the proper and consistent use of Driver Hand Held (if available)
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company policies and manuals and as set forth in our business practices.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, Federal Motor Carrier/DOT, food safety and inventory custody.
- Work with Credit Department on problems pertaining to all customer deliveries.
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Advise Router or transportation supervisor of changes in routes to help achieve most profitable routes, i.e., stop sequence, special instructions, new or dropped accounts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings when operating a vehicle.
Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Coordinate with transportation supervisor(s) and router(s) to make necessary back-haul pickups.
- Remain flexible to restructure schedule as needed.
- Check each product off invoice or delivery manifest or scan all cases using hand held scanner (if available).
- Safely operate vehicle to and from destinations, adhering to all traffic laws.
- Safely load and unload delivery goods.
- Comply with all OSHA and Federal Motor Carrier/DOT safety requirements.
- Maintain vehicle in good working condition.
- Maintain vehicle in clean and fueled readiness condition.
- Report and call in all required repairs daily.
- Frequent standing/walking during delivery activities, up to 2 miles daily.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Frequent carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling using both hands/arms, approximately 30-100 lbs. exertion, depending on weight of load on hand truck and whether climbing stairs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees during delivery.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Able to read/write and record data.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing route.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings while driving.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … 2-2171-850