|Description : |
JOB SUMMARY Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas and in all weather conditions to transport freight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Comply with all company policies, local work and safety rules, and federal, state and local regulations that govern the industry.
2. Operate a tractor-trailer combination (single, double, or triple trailer combination) in urban, suburban, and rural environments and in all types of weather conditions between company facilities and various customers.
3. Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments between company locations and customers, meeting established run times and schedules.
4. Take responsibility for reasonable and customary care for the security of equipment.
5. Receive and verify dispatch instructions; complete daily log and in/out sheet, and review paperwork for proper trailer placarding.
6. Drop and hook trailer(s) and change the configuration of equipment as necessary.
7. Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install and remove tire chains, and manually crank dolly wheels.
8. Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Inspect the operating condition of the tractor and trailer(s) before and after trip, and when stopped enroute.
9. Conduct minor repairs of commercial motor vehicles when instructed to perform such services at the direction of company management.
10. Maintain records of all driving trips and mileage as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
11. When hauling hazardous material, verify the hazardous material product description, determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
12. Load and unload freight in varying weather conditions at company or customer facilities.
13. Participate in training programs; maintain and update driving and safety skills and knowledge; keep CDL current with endorsement for double/triple trailers and hazardous material.
14. Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
SPECIAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be age 25 or older.
2. Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple and Hazardous Material endorsements.
3. Must have a minimum of one year of tractor-trailer driving experience or graduation from company-approved training program. Ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle in adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions.
4. Must have a current motor vehicle report (MVR) that represents a history of safe operation.
5. Must be able to operate forklift, dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment necessary for unloading freight.
6. Must be able to couple and uncouple combination vehicles, hook and unhook dollies and operate a release lever
7. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading, and make accurate entries in daily driving log.
8. Must be able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques are performed in the manner as which is described.
9. Ability to work various shifts/days of the week.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
1. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
2. Ability to sit for extensive periods of time. Ability to walk, stand, and maintain balance.
3. Ability to seldom lift up to 70 lbs (to apply tire chains).
4. Ability to push/pull up to 148 lbs (connector kingpins, dollies, jiff locks, gates, etc.).
5. Ability to bend and stoop, and maintain a crouching position for moderate amounts of time, to inspect the underside of the equipment, check tires, apply tire chains in winter.
6. Ability to climb ladders on the tractor and/or trailer(s) and frequently enter and exit the tractor cab.
7. Manipulative skills and dexterity to control an oversized steering wheel, shift gears using a manual transmission, and maneuver a commercial motor vehicle in crowded areas.
8. Ability to couple and uncouple combination vehicles, which requires the ability to repeatedly turn a crank and operate a release lever.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasional exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
Reddaway is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-6650