|Description : |
QinetiQ North America's Services & Solutions Group delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software and systems engineering, and missions solutions.
Our core offerings include:
space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
You are submitting your information for consideration to a position that is currently available under the Engineering Services Contract (ESC) at Kennedy Space Center, Florida. If selected, actual employment may be with QinetiQ North America OR one of the ESC teammate subcontractors.
Advanced level engineering position, characterized by a high level of expertise in a particular technical field. Due to the highly technical nature of the ESC, select senior management positions that 1) require in-depth technical knowledge and 2) have technical decision-making authority that far outweighs the direct personnel management responsibility assigned to their roles, may also be assigned this classification. Demonstrates technical management skills. Is recognized as a person capable of teaching a particular subject or discipline to others. Typically, has published technical papers or materials.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick. … -2171-9850
|Qualifications : |
REQUIRED SKILLS/SPECIAL TRAINING :
- Designs and analyzes end-to-end systems
- Creates advanced engineering and technical documents
- Manages, leads and mentors other engineers
- Reviews and checks engineering designs, drawings, and documents for engineering soundness and acceptability
- Conducts lectures in a specific discipline or subject
Candidate should be familiar with:
- KSC CAD and Drafting best practices
- Systems Engineering/Requirements Documentation process
- Program/Mission Requirements
- Engineering Cost Estimation
Candidate should have advanced knowledge of:
- AISC, ASCE, ACI standards
- KSC Standards and Specifications (GP-435, NASA-STD-5005, KDP-P-2713, KSC-NE-9068)
- KSC Design processes
- Induced Environments (acoustic, blast, thermal)
- Vibration Analysis
- Windchill or other Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
- Fabrication, test, and qualification methods
Candidate should be proficient with the following tools and standards:
- NX Nastran, ANSYS, Pro/Mechanica, STAAD, or other Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or other Engineering Analysis software
- Pro/ENGINEER or other 3D/2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Drafting software
- Mathcad, MATLAB, or other engineering calculation software
- Engineering Mechanics (Statics and Dynamics)
- Strength of Materials (stress, shear and moment diagrams, deformations)
- Material Properties
- Engineering Probability and Statistics
- All Microsoft Office software products
- ANSI/ASME Y14 series specifications
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Welding Standards (AWS D1.1, A2.4, NASA-STD-5004)
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE :
15 years of experience at an advanced level engineering or technical position that is characterized by a high level of expertise in a particular engineering and analysis field. Requires a high level expertise in the engineering and/or analysis field specified.
- Subject Matter Expert 1 Requires an advanced degree in engineering or a related discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical or Aeronautical) plus 10 years related experience.
- Subject Matter Expert 2 Requires an advanced degree in engineering or a related discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical or Aeronautical) plus 15 years related experience.